Have You Sustained Injuries in a Truck Accident?
Our Fairfield Truck Accident Attorneys Helps Victims Pursue Compensation
From smaller box trucks to big rigs, trucks play a vital role in our economy. These trucks transport consumer goods, ensuring that its cargo arrives at its destination safely and efficiently. However, just like any other type of vehicle on the road, trucks are sometimes involved in traffic accidents. Unfortunately, serious and fatal truck accidents in California are more common than you might think. For instance, according to a 2016 report by California Office of Traffic Safety (COTS), there were 296 truck-related traffic fatalities in 2015. If you have been injured in a truck accident, our Fairfield truck accident attorneys can help.
For over decades the Solano County personal injury attorneys at Barnett, Bennett & Scott LLP have helped people recover from life altering incidents. We know how serious the consequences of a truck accident can be. For example, you might be struggling to pay for compounding medical bills or need to immediately repair or replace your vehicle. Our California attorneys’ past success stems from our reliable legal strategies and experience. With our team of professionals, we can scrutinize evidence that will help bolster your personal injury claim.
What Can Cause a Truck Accident in California?
Owners and operators of 18 wheelers, commercial vehicles and other large trucks are expected to adhere to standards that prevent accidents. Unfortunately, truck accidents can occur for a variety of reasons. In addition, multiple parties may argue about who is at fault and insurance providers may offer a less than satisfactory settlement. For this reason, it can be helpful to know some common errors that can cause an 18-wheeler or auto accident in California. Our Fairfield truck accident attorneys can investigate to see if any of the following contributed to your injury:
- Fatigue: Driving while fatigued can sometimes be more dangerous than drunk driving. A fatigued truck driver can easily cause a serious accident that leads to life-changing injury.
- Public Street Signs: Public signage direction trucks is meant to be clearly seen. For example, signs are used to prepare for sharp turns, poor lighting or other conditions. Unfortunately, sometimes signage is not accurate. As a result, a serious accident can occur.
- Distraction: It should be no surprise that distracted driving contributes to accidents. One of the biggest contributors to distracted driving is phone use.
- Road Condition: Roads and highways, like Fairfield’s busy I 80, are required to stay in working condition. If you have been involving in a truck accident, we can investigate the road conditions to see if they were a contributing factor.
Can I Bring a Personal Injury Lawsuit Against a Trucking Company?
Depending on the severity, personal injuries from a truck accident can be life-altering. After all, when an 18-wheeler or semi is involved, odds are the injuries are severe due to the sheer weight difference alone. For this reason, you should consider pursuing compensation if you were injured in a truck accident. You have a legal right to pursue compensation against a truck company and/or one of its driver, depending on the details. This option can be especially helpful if you receive a less than satisfactory initial settlement offer by an insurance provider. Our Fairfield truck accident attorneys can help you:
- Pursue Compensation for Damages: If your claim is successful, you can use your compensation to cover a variety of damages. Damages can involve medical expenses, vehicle repairs and other costs.
- Attempt to Improve Safety Standards: Shipping companies and truck drivers have a duty to provide a level of safety. Pursuing legal action can make an example out of negligent trucking companies and provide an better atmosphere for change when it comes to a higher duty of care.
- Raise Awareness: In addition to pursuing compensation to cover damages, you can raise awareness about transportation safety almost immediately after you pursue compensation with a lawsuit. This can become a platform for both you and other victims to voice concerns.
Truck Accident in Solano County? Call A Fairfield Truck Accident Attorney Now
Have you been injured in a truck accident in California? Whenever there is an accident involving a tractor-trailer or other large truck, the results can be catastrophic. Due to this, there are a number of rules in the trucking industry designed to keep people safe. When truck drivers or their companies break those rules and cause harm, they should be held accountable. We believe that no accident victim should suffer because of the negligence of someone else.
If you have been hurt in a truck accident, it can be difficult dealing with the trucking company’s insurance provider and their retainer of lawyers. You want someone on your side who has the resources and experience to handle a truck accident case. The attorneys at Barnett, Bennett & Scott LLP have successfully helped many clients recover for their injuries in trucking accidents. By holding these companies accountable when they break the rules, we make it safer for all of the other drivers on the road. Call us today at 707-425-0671 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.