Have You Recently Been Involved in a Motorcycle Accident?
A Fairfield Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help You Recover Compensation
An accident on a motorcycle can cause serious injuries, especially if a car or other vehicle is also involved. Although most riders wear protective gear and a helmet in the case of an accident, the force of an impact with another vehicle can still cause permanent, disabling injuries. Unfortunately, in many cases, motorcycle accidents are the result of the negligent behavior of other motorists. If you were hit by a car or truck while riding your motorcycle, then our attorneys can assist you in filing an injury claim against the at-fault party.
Unfortunately, many insurance companies and negligent drivers will blame the rider any time there is a motorcycle accident. That is why you need a Fairfield motorcycle accident lawyer on your side. Our attorneys have experience representing motorcycle riders and dealing with personal injury cases. Wells, Call, Clark, Bennett, & Clawson is the motorcycle accident law firm that can help you recover your damages. You have the right to ride a motorcycle, and dangerous drivers should not receive a free pass when they injure you.
How Will Talking to an Attorney Help Me After a Motorcycle Accident?
If you are a victim of a motorcycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence, then it is important to speak to a personal injury attorney to make sure that you receive compensation for your injuries. At our law firm, our attorneys are familiar with the laws that protect riders and know how to help you recover what you deserve. Some of the damages that you may recover if you have been injured in a motorcycle crash because of someone else’s negligence include:
- Medical Bill Reimbursement. This includes the cost of any injury-related treatment or therapies.
- Lost Income Reimbursement. If your injuries prevent you from working for a significant amount of time, then you may be entitled to compensation for those lost wages.
- Pain and Suffering. If your injuries are severe, then you may be able to claim additional compensation for physical and psychological pain.
- Emotional Distress. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, you may be able to claim compensation for the distress you experienced.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life. If your injuries cause permanent disability, then you may receive additional compensation.
- Wrongful Death. If you lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, then you may be able to file a wrongful death claim. You may be able to recover compensation for medical bills and pain and suffering, but also your own losses.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
Thousands of people each year are killed in motorcycling accidents. What is surprising is that many times the one on the motorcycle is not at fault for the incident itself. Even if you are a cautious driver who follows all rules and regulations, you are still at high risk for an accident.
The most common cause of a motorcycle accident is a motorist’s failure to yield the right of way to someone on a motorcycle. This often happens at an intersection when the motor vehicle is making a left turn, which then obstructs the motorcycle. Motorcycles are difficult to see on the road, and drivers are not always paying special attention to see them. Motorcycle accidents also occur when roads are in an unsafe condition—what may be safe for an automobile may be deadly for someone on a motorcycle.
Contact Our Fairfield Motorcycle Accident Lawyer for a Consultation Today
We want to see you better and back on your bike as soon as possible. Let our legal team assist you in identifying liability and recovering your damages from the responsible party. Our legal team works on a contingency fee basis, which means that you will not pay any legal fees unless we are successful with your case.