Were You Injured by a Vehicle While Walking?
Our Fairfield Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Fights for Victim’s Rights
Unfortunately, pedestrian accidents in California happen everyday. In fact, according to a 2017 report by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), pedestrian fatality rates increased by 11 percent. In addition, one-fifth (21%) of total persons killed in traffic crashes were pedestrians. These statistics show a disturbing trend – that auto-pedestrian accidents are a growing concern. If you have been injured by a vehicle, you might be facing life altering issues. For instance, you might have to pay compounding medical bills, have lost wages from time off work and health-related issues. Our Fairfield pedestrian accident attorneys have a history of success fighting for compensation for personal injury victims.
At Barnett, Bennett & Scott LLP, we have been helping pedestrian accident victims pursue recovery in a personal injury lawsuits for over four decades. Our legal team knows how traumatic this time can be. We believe that no one should have their life come to a complete stop because of the negligence of someone else. Our California personal injury attorneys can scrutinize evidence and reports to highlight facts that support your claims.
What Are My Pedestrian Rights in California?
In general, pedestrians have the right-of-way in California. However, to promote both traffic safety and efficiency, there are certain abstract presuppositions that help avoid car accidents with pedestrians. For example, according to safety rules from the California Department of Motor Vehicles (CDMV), pedestrians should yield their right of way when it helps prevent collisions. However, in most cases, pedestrians have right of way when walking through:
- Crosswalks: Generally, a crosswalk is the part of a road designated for pedestrian traffic. Almost every intersection has a crosswalk, even if there are no lines painted on the street. Since this is the case, if you were injured while walking through a crosswalk, even if it is unmarked, you might have grounds for a personal injury claim in California.
- Intersections: When one roadway meets another, it is considered an intersection. These sections can include a side street, alley, freeway entrance or other location that vehicles travel through. Even if there is no “STOP” or “YIELD” sign at an intersection, pedestrians still have the right of way.
- Roundabouts: If an intersection has traffic follow along a central island in a counterclockwise direction, that is called a roundabout. These types of intersections do not have bicycle lanes. As a result, there is confusion about right of way at a roundabout. Motorists must yield to all traffic — including pedestrians — when entering or exiting a roundabout.
Why Do I Need a Fairfield Pedestrian Accident Attorney?
Since any car accident in California can involve multiple parties, you should contact an attorney immediately after your accident. If you wait too long to contact an attorney, evidence that can support your claim could disappear. Our Fairfield pedestrian accident lawyers can investigate to see what factors may have contributed to your injury. For example, poor road conditions could be a sign of negligence from a public entity. Usually, claims involve insurance companies that offer an unfair settlement. After performing a thorough investigation, a Fairfield pedestrian accident attorney from our firm can help identify potential parties responsible. We can work with you to help with the following:
- Provide Legal Counsel: You likely have a lot of questions after your accident. We will be there for any questions you have throughout your ordeal. If you are unsure what to ask, we will talk with you and identify what steps are necessary.
- Pay for Medical Treatment: It is no secret that medical care is expensive. After identifying who is responsible for your injury, our legal team can pursue compensation for your medical bills.
- Reimburse Your Lost Wages and Benefits: After an accident you might not be able to go to work. Our attorneys can seek compensation for any lost pay and benefit, including future earning potential.
Are You a Pedestrian Injured in Solano County? Call Now for a Free Consultation
Have you been struck by a vehicle while walking through a crosswalk, intersection, roundabout or mountain road? Do you have questions about your rights? Are you struggling to return to work or pay for medical costs? Since Solano County and the Bay Area have so many freeways, accidents are common and usually cause life threatening injuries to pedestrians, even at low speeds. You deserve to contact an attorney who can protect your best interests and mitigate risk in your personal injury claim. Our Fairfield pedestrian accident attorneys can help.
At Barnett, Bennett & Scott LLP, our success stems from our compassion, experience and reliable legal strategies. We know that every year thousands of pedestrians sustain injuries in serious car accidents. If you or someone you know if struggling to deal with the aftermath of a pedestrian accident, we can help. To schedule a free consultation, call us today at 707-425-0671 or contact us online.