If you’re in a car accident with another motorist that is uninsured or underinsured, it may create even more hassle. Being knowledgeable about car insurance policies can help you to ensure that you receive the proper compensation for your damages.

Uninsured Coverage

If you happen to have an accident with an uninsured driver, you’ll have to go to your insurance company to cover any damages. Uninsured motorist coverage, or UM, is insurance that covers you when you are involved in a car accident with an individual that does not have car insurance. It also protects you if the other motorist is at fault for the accident. Though, it’s required by most state laws that drivers have insurance, some motorists are driving without insurance and this is one way to protect yourself and your car.

Underinsured Coverage

Similar to uninsured coverage, having underinsured coverage (UIM coverage) can help you recover damages when you are in a car accident with a driver who has a policy that does not cover compensation for damage and injuries.
It’s best to file a claim immediately with your car insurance company. Many insurance companies limit the time that the policy holder has to file a claim.

Questions About a Car Accident?

If you need assistance with your car accident claim, contact the attorneys at Wells, Call, Clark, Bennett, & Clawson. Our law firm takes the unique approach of having all of our attorneys look over and offer their guidance on all of our cases. This way we can all work together to get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries or loss.